Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book Week 2013 ~ Maya is Tom Kitten


This year for Book Week Maya asked if she could be Tom Kitten.  I was a bit surprised to hear that Maya wanted to dress up as a naughty, chubby boy kitten!. Now that Kane is at Middle School there was only the one costume to make this year too.

I'm am not good at costumes, and previous Book Week posts can be seen here, here and here. Costume making always seems to come up when I am frantically busy.


 Maya was please with her costume which was made from the Oliver + S Sailboat Capri's in size 8 from some fairly thick homespun from Lincraft.  This pattern is just fantastic and I wish it went larger than size 8.  The collar was made from a free down loadable pattern here and layered over a boys blue tshirt that was purchased. There is also a cats tail made from some brown jersey from the stash.

2 comments:

apple slice said...

i love this. and love she wanted to be tom kitten. excellent work on the costume!

WendyBee said...

Soooooo sweet!! I don't know why you say you aren't very good at costumes - I'd say this was purrrrfect. Maya is as pretty as an angel, as always. I miss those days, hectic as they were. My boys are older now, and endlessly entertaining, but I think I worry more, as the big decisions are mostly theirs to make.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...